Behavioral Health Care Manager Training
The Behavioral Health Care Manager (BHCM) is at the heart of a strong Collaborative Care team, facilitating communication among all team members and acting as the lead contact person for the patient. Effective BHCMs support the PCP in their role by coordinating the overall treatment plan, providing brief psychotherapy proven to work in primary care, supporting medication management, alerting the PCP when the patient is not improving, and communicating with the psychiatric consultant regarding treatment changes.
- Describe the BHCM's role including patient engagement, team communication responsibilities, patient outcome tracking and treatment options.
- Develop the functional knowledge necessary to contribute to a successful Collaborative Care team as a behavioral health care manager.
- Review the care team training materials
- Introduction to the BHCM role
- Case Review: Behavioral Health Care Manager with Primary Care Provider (PCP)
- Case Review: Behavioral Health Care Manager with Psychiatric Consultant