Behavioral Health Care Manager Training
The care manager is at the heart of a strong Collaborative Care team, facilitating communication among all team members and acting as the lead contact person for the patient. Effective care managers support the PCP in his/her role by coordinating the overall treatment plan, providing brief psychotherapy proven to work in primary care, supporting medication management, alerting the PCP when the patient is not improving, and communicating with the psychiatric consultant regarding treatment changes. Behavioral Health Care Manager job description.
- Describe the care manager’s role including patient engagement, team communication responsibilities, patient outcome tracking and treatment options.
- Develop the functional knowledge necessary to contribute to a successful Collaborative Care team as a behavioral health care manager.
- Review the care team training materials
- Introduction to the behavioral health care manager role
- Case Review: Behavioral Health Care Manager with Primary Care Provider (PCP)
- Case Review: Behavioral Health Care Manager with Psychiatric Consultant