Online Collaborative Care Training for Behavioral Health Care Managers
Effective Collaborative Care is a team of providers working together on a single treatment plan. Its success relies on each member of the treatment team understanding their role and believing they have the knowledge and skills necessary to fulfill that role.
The AIMS Center now offers a comprehensive online training that will prepare clinicians for success in the Behavioral Health Care Manager (BHCM) role.
What is included in this training?
9 hours of self-paced content.
Trainees can exit the modules and resume where they left off. The course is active for 3 months after purchase.
Didactic presentations, interactive activities, quizzes, and job aides.
Keep many of these materials even after access to the training expires.
9 free Continuing Education Units.
CE Units are awarded by the American Psychological Association.
High-level instruction from leading experts in Collaborative Care.
Clinicians will enhance their skills in
❯ Working with members of a Collaborative Care team
❯ Identifying and engaging patients
❯ Assessing and diagnosing
❯ Providing measurement-based treatment to target
❯ Managing a caseload of patients
❯ Delivering evidence-based behavioral interventions
View a detailed course description. This document outlines each module's content and learning objectives.
Who is this training for?
- Organizations seeking a comprehensive onboarding tool for new BHCMs
- Clinicians new to the BHCM role interested in self-guided learning
- Experienced BHCMs looking to refine and refresh their skills
Behavioral Health Care Managers, a term used by Medicare, can have different job titles. These can include behavioral health provider, behavioral health clinician, behavioral health counselor, behavioral health therapist, and more.
Many different types of providers can be successful in this role, including clinical social workers, counselors, therapists, nurses, and psychologists. What is important is that, regardless of their job title or training background, a provider performs the key functions associated with effective integrated care. This course focuses on those key functions.
Cost & Registration
The cost is $379 per individual user, unless your organization purchases access for 20 or more users at one time or has an implementation contract with the AIMS Center.
- If you are purchasing the course for one user, please Register as Individual.
- If you have a current contract or training with the AIMS Center, please reach out to your AIMS clinical trainer before registering.
- If you are purchasing a course for more than one user, please Register as Group. Your organization could purchase access for 20 or more users at one time to receive a 20% discount.
Users will have access to the course for 3 months following account creation.
Continuing Education (CE)
To receive credits, the entire course must be complete and quizzes passed within three months. Upon course completion, a certificate will be available within the learning platform.
- CE Eligible Providers: Psychologists, Licensed Social Workers, Licensed Mental Health Counselors
- Credits: 9
- CEU Certificate Cost: Included with module purchase
AIMS Center Accreditation
- American Psychological Association (APA): The AIMS Center is an accredited provider of CE by the APA. All training activities are eligible for CE free of charge. Check with your licensing board to determine whether APA accredited CE is accepted for licensure in your state.
- Clinical Social Workers: The University of Washington is recognized by Washington state licensing authority for social workers practicing in the state.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is continuing education (CE) credit available for the training?
Yes. 9 CE units are available for eligible providers (noted above) who complete the full training within 3 months.
Do I have to complete the full online training?
To receive continuing education credit, you will need to complete the full training within the 3-month timeframe.
Can I return to the online training after I have started it?
Yes. You may complete the training in multiple sessions. You may also return to the training after you have completed it. Log back in to the training any time with your username and password at: https://learn.uwpsychiatry.org
What do I do if I lost my training link?
Go here and log in using your username and password. If you are having difficulty logging in, contact us at email@example.com for help. Please allow 3 business days for a response.
I've forgotten my username or password. How do I access the training?
Go here and click on the "Forgot Password" link below the sign-in fields. Your username is the email that you used to create the account.
How do I get technical assistance or other help?
If you need additional technical assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I use any device and browser for the online training?
For the best training experience, we recommend using a laptop or a desktop that can play audio. Internet Explorer is not supported by our Learning Management System. If you experience any difficulties with the training, we recommend trying a different browser or device.