Online Collaborative Care Training for Behavioral Health Care Managers
This training provides the foundational knowledge necessary for success in the Behavioral Health Care Manager (BHCM) role. The curriculum consists of 9 hours of self-paced content divided into seven modules. Each module includes presentations and practice activities.
By the end of the training, a BHCM will:
- Understand Collaborative Care (CoCM) and its approach to integrated physical and mental health care
- Understand the BHCM role on a CoCM team and how the BHCM interacts with other providers on the team (including primary care providers and psychiatric consultants)
- Review the BHCM responsibilities for CoCM around:
- Identifying and engaging patients
- Assessing and diagnosing
- Providing measurement-based treatment to target
- Managing a caseload of patients
- Delivering evidence-based behavioral interventions
This training is eligible for 9 CE units awarded by the American Psychological Association.
Cost & Registration
The cost is $379 per individual user, unless your organization purchases access for 20 or more users at one time or has an implementation contract with the AIMS Center.
- If you are purchasing the course for one user, please Register as Individual.
- If you have a current contract or training with the AIMS Center, please reach out to your AIMS clinical trainer before registering.
- If you are purchasing a course for more than one user, please Register as Group. Your organization could purchase access for 20 or more users at one time to receive a 20% discount.
Users will have access to the course for 3 months following account creation.
Continuing Education (CE)
To receive credits, the entire course must be complete and quizzes passed within three months. Upon course completion, a certificate will be available within the learning platform.
- CE Eligible Providers: Psychologists, Licensed Social Workers, Licensed Mental Health Counselors
- Credits: 9
- CEU Certificate Cost: Included with module purchase
AIMS Center Accreditation
- American Psychological Association (APA): The AIMS Center is an accredited provider of CE by the APA. All training activities are eligible for CE free of charge. Check with your licensing board to determine whether APA accredited CE is accepted for licensure in your state.
- Clinical Social Workers: The University of Washington is recognized by Washington state licensing authority for social workers practicing in the state.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is continuing education (CE) credit available for the training?
Yes. 9 CE units are available for eligible providers (noted above) who complete the full training within 3 months.
Do I have to complete the full online training?
To receive continuing education credit, you will need to complete the full training within the 3-month timeframe.
Can I return to the online training after I have started it?
Yes. You may complete the training in multiple sessions. You may also return to the training after you have completed it. Log back in to the training any time with your username and password at: https://learn.uwpsychiatry.org
What do I do if I lost my training link?
Go here and log in using your username and password. If you are having difficulty logging in, contact us at email@example.com for help. Please allow 3 business days for a response.
I've forgotten my username or password. How do I access the training?
Go here and click on the "Forgot Password" link below the sign-in fields. Your username is the email that you used to create the account.
How do I get technical assistance or other help?
If you need additional technical assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I use any device and browser for the online training?
For the best training experience, we recommend using a laptop or a desktop that can play audio. Internet Explorer is not supported by our Learning Management System. If you experience any difficulties with the training, we recommend trying a different browser or device.