Financial Modeling Workbook
In an effort to help organizations understand the financial feasibility of implementing Collaborative Care, the AIMS Center recently updated the Financial Modeling Workbook, which was created with help from the Institute for Family Health and the American Psychiatric Association. The revised Workbook helps organizations more accurately model and estimate revenue and expenses for providing integrated behavioral health services by:
- Modeling how much time staff engage in key integrated care tasks;
- Estimating visit volume, provider capacity, and potential caseload size; and
- Estimating fee-for-service and BHI/CoCM potential revenues
The Workbook also allows you to evaluate practice parameters to better understand their financial impact. For example, you can vary the length of appointment times, the amount of time staff spend on the different components of collaborative care work and many other factors to better understand how to build or revise clinical workflows.
The Workbook, updated in 2021, is available in 2 versions (see below). Practices may download any versions that are applicable for their setting.
- Financial Modeling Workbook
This version is for practices that plan to bill via psychotherapy codes only, or a combination of that and BHI/CoCM billing. Changes from the previous version include clarifying language around which activities are billable by each set of codes, simplification of how work activities are allocated (by hours rather than percentages), and by making mixed billing calculations more accurate (previously time could be double-counted, which is not allowable).
- Financial Modeling Workbook for FQHC and RHC practices
Same as above except figuring average reimbursement for BHI/CoCM codes is done with the G codes rather than the CPT codes because the rules are different.
Register online to download the free Financial Modeling Workbook and Instructions.
QUESTIONS? JOIN OUR FINANCE OFFICE HOURS
The AIMS Center and American Psychiatric Association use this time to answer general questions about the Modeling Workbook as well as all other billing code and financial sustainability matters.
- First Wednesday of every month from 9:00 - 10:00 am Pacific Time / 12:00 - 1:00 pm ET.
- See calendar of all call dates.
How to Join
- This is an open-ended call, and you may call in at any point during the hour.
- Join URL: https://uw-phi.zoom.us/j/95007236406
- Phone Number: Find the Zoom number for your state here https://zoom.us/u/aboC3R0F0P
- Meeting ID: 950 0723 6406 #
If you notice errors in the Workbook, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.